Wednesday 25 February 2015

London Fashion Week - My Experience



This Season AW15, I worked at London Fashion Week which was a very inspirational experience.  I started off by taking models to castings which was really interesting because you got to see what happens behind the scenes. 

This included lots of traveling around London and working long hours. I went backstage to the Fashion Scout (Portugal Fashion) Show And The Amanda Wakeley Presentation which was the most exciting moments of the week. Most people are very stereotypical when talking about models and the fashion industry, many of you might think models do not eat however this is not true. Whilst working at London Fashion Week I've had burgers with models and seen the type of backstage food they provide for staff and the models. The type of food they provide is healthy and unhealthy such as fruit,salad,brownies,crisps,popcorn and cupcakes. This has probably surprised a few people. I got to see how the models get ready for the shows and presentation. Backstage is chaos but very exciting and interesting, it was nice to see what goes on backstage for once. Each and every model looked stunning with the natural makeup and elegant clothing. 
The castings and fittings were very interesting, I came across nice people throughout working at London Fashion Week and I felt very comfortable and at home. During castings models are made to either walk in flats or high heels in front of the designer and her/his team. They should present their 'book' or 'card' to the designer and should be as confident as possible.  I learnt what model scouts look for when scouting for models, I can now tell what type of women and men have the potential to be models.  Amanda Wakeley has amazing designs, I was honestly the heart eyed emoji when I saw her collection. 

See you next season Lfw x 
Tonka getting ready for the Amanda Wakeley Presentation.

Kelsey looking stunning at the Amanda Wakeley Presentation

Tonka looks stunning at the Amanda Wakeley Presentation

Model prepares to practise her walk before the Portugal Fashion Show (Fashion Scout)

My battery went during the show, Tonka looking amazing whilst walking the Portugal Fashion Show . Photo Credits: Unknown.



No comments:

Post a Comment